Defence Lab is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Defence Lab may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18th May 2018.
The term ‘Defence Lab ‘ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Street Defense Solutions Ltd. C/o Derede associates UK Ltd. Unit 14a Waterside Business Park, Livingston Road, Hessle, East Yorkshire, HU13 0EG.
The term “You”, “your” refers to the user/viewer or purchaser of a product from us.
What personal information do we collect?
- your name and contact information including postal address, e-mail address and telephone number, even if you do not complete your purchase.
- Details of any purchases that you place through the website.
- Details you provide when you contact us or make enquiries either generally or about any purchases you make with us.
- details of your visits to the website and the resources that you access.
- last successful login details (date and time).
- account registration date;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the personal information we collect?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To allow you access to this website.
- When you purchase from us, to process your order, collect payment, and for other purchase-related services (such as providing download).
- For internal accounting and regulatory purposes.
- For statistical analysis to assess our business performance and to improve our products and services.
- To minimise product theft and piracy.
- To assist in providing product support.
- Responding to enquiries and requests via the Contact page of this website.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All use of our website https://defencelab.com is encrypted via SSL.
We do not retain your credit card details or process payment details on this website.
Our website is housed in PCI DSS accredited data centres.
We have policies, rules and measures in place and try to take all reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information.
Who do we share it with?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
We will pass on your name, address, order and credit card details to PayPal or Stripe when processing an order for payment. You will need to review the security and privacy policies of these payment providers to understand what they then do with your information.
We may provide aggregated statistics (including information derived from your data) about our sales, traffic patterns, and related website information to trustworthy third parties. We will do this for the purpose of carrying out assessments, analysis and research in relation to our business, products, services and customers. This is to assist in the provision of services and products to you and to facilitate reviews, developments and improvements to our website and the services and products offered to you. The statistics we disclose to those third parties will not include personally identifying information.
In general, any third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Obtaining the information held about you
Most of the information we collect is available via your account. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Removing the information held about you
We can remove all the information held about you on our website, however, please note that:
- You will no longer have access to your purchases.
- We have to retain the order details for EU VAT MOSS purposes for 10 years. This information will not be stored on the website after removal but will be retained separately and securely.
If you wish to proceed, please contact us via the Contact option at https://defecencelab.com.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]